Monday, March 11, 2013

DLS = Damn Light Sleep

For me DLS = Damn Light Sleep ... understand that like many, when I'm tired I cannot form proper, full sentences.  There is only one cure I know for DLS when you have to be at work on Monday morning ... COFFEE!!!


And not that weak water crap, that a lot of these convenient stores try to pass off as coffee but the real stuff. You all should know my feelings on coffee and my favorite coffee from my post Coffee!!! on February 25, 2013.

In a recent episode of Kim and Kourtney Take Miami on E! (I know not everyone likes the Kardashians but this was really funny) Khloe gets hooked on Cuban Coffee, an espresso shot which is sweetened with demerara sugar as it is being brewed.  It is really funny how addicted to Cuban Coffee she gets, even going to look for some at 4am after being up all might because of a cup she had earlier that day.  Now that's the kind of Coffee that cures DLS!!!  If you want to read about the incident, here you go: Khloe Kardashian fired up on Cuban coffee as Koko may be axed by 'X Factor' USA (Video)

To end this lovely post here is an Ode to Coffee by Ranjit Nair's limericks:

Ode to Coffee

O! coffee, where art thou
When I need thee now?
In thy many flavored blends
A hot cup would be godsend.

I cannot keep awake
Without a short coffee-break.
With thy life-giving aroma
Save me from going into a coma.  

Java, Colombian or French Roast
Thy every flavor, I will toast.
To the end thy loyal slave
Three cups a day I will always crave. 

(Inspired by a very sleepy seminar)

2 comments: